PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY DECLARATION
The declaration has been in force since 25 May 2018
1. What types of personal information do we collect?
We collect and process all or part of the following personal information:
– Name, first Name
– Address, phone number, e-mail
– Name of the company that employs you
– Function, position or title
2. What happens if you use our website or send us an e-mail?
When you visit our website, we store some technical data that is automatically sent to us by your internet browser. These files contains the following informations:
– Browser type and version, operating system
– IP address of the computer accessing the site
– Server request time and connection status
In addition, our website uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc., to track and report on the use of our website. Google Analytics inserts small text files called “cookies” on your computer or other device you are browsing with. Cookies collect information about the number of visitors, the pages visited and the time spent on our website. This information is aggregated and anonymized.
3. Who cares about the processing of your personal data?
The data protection officer of ESCO takes care of your personal data.
4. For what legal reasons do we rely on the collection of your personal data?
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data depends on the purpose of the processing. This can include:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests, provided that this does not disproportionately affect your interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms;
– the conclusion or performance of a contract;
– Your consent to the input of your personal information.
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, without affecting the legality of the data processing already performed and the legal retention periods.
5. How is your personal information used?
Your personal data will be processed mainly in the context of customer management and in particular to answer your inquiries.
6. Who has access to your personal information and how are these secured?
We have taken reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized or unlawful access.
If necessary, we may use your personal data to third parties (subcontractors) in connection with the performance of a contract or a technical or organizational service.
When using your personal data, third parties are legally obliged to act only on our behalf and are subject to our instructions. In addition, they are obliged to ensure the security of your data through appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Finally, we may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law.
7. What rights do you have in the processing of your personal data?
You have the right to access, request a copy, request the rectification, deletion or restriction of the use of your personal information, but also request that your data be processed by another data controller.
More precisely, you have the right:
– to obtain a copy of your personal information on a generally readable electronic medium;
– Correct any personal information that you consider inaccurate or false;
– Request the complete deletion of your data;
– Ask the data controller, without being able to contradict him and, if technically possible, to transfer your personal data to another data processor.
Before you proceed with a request, your identity can be verified. This request is free and we are committed to answering you as soon as possible.
Finally, you also have the option to revoke your consent without affecting the legality of the processing of your data prior to such revocation.
In any case, in case of violation of the protection of your data, you have the right to contact the control authority of the country in which you live. For Switzerland, this is the Federal Data Protection and Transparency Officer.
8. How long do we store your data and how are they stored?
We will retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, without exceeding the legal maximum period, including civil and commercial matters.
We will delete them as soon as they are no longer needed or you have revoked your consent, but in any case at the end of the statutory retention period.
Your personal data is either stored in our databases or in the databases of our service providers (subcontractors).